Join us at ishadowhunters, an icon community for the new Freeform program where you can crosspost your Shadowhunters icons and join in the occasional icon challenge.
Currently, a special challenge is being held to create an icon for the community. Click the banner to be taken to the challenge post and while you’re there feel free to join and start posting!
For the first challenge at theiconthrone we had to come up with icons inspired by or based on the solar system which is a very broad topic and so both easy and overwhelming. I based all my subjects on descriptions of things I wiki’d relating to planets and constellations.
* Credit is appreciated
* Nominations are welcomed
* Hotlinking is majorly frowned on
* As is claiming the icons for yourself, using the blanks as bases or re-posting to Fanpop, etc.
* Comments are AWESOME!
09 x Teen Wolf
14 x Shadowhunters
01. Moon - Associated with impatience of human nature
02. Mercury - awakening, clever, intelligent, wise, learned man
03. Venus - always helped demons in the war against gods, "clear, pure, brightness or clearness
04. Mars - associated with strength
05. Pluto - God of Death
06. Uranus - of divine being
07. Ceres - power, strength, might, energy or capacity
08. Jupiter - helped gods in wars against demons, means teacher or priest
09. Saturn - associated with ambition, authority, commanding status, discipline, patience, honour, toughness but also with pessimism, hardships and fatalism
10. Taurus - in early Mesopotamian art, the Bull of Heaven was closely associated with Inanna, the Sumerian goddess of sexual love, fertility and warfare
11. Gemini - Castor and Pollux were known as the Great Twins & regarded as minor gods. When Castor died, because he was mortal, Pollux begged his father Zeus to give Castor immortality, and he did which united them together in the heavens
12. Cancer - There appears to be a strong connection between the Babylonian constellation and ideas of death and a passage to the underworld
13. Leo - The bright start Regulus was known as "the star that stands at the Lion’s breast". Regulus also had distinctly regal associations, as it was known as the King Star
14. Libra - Associated with law, fairness and civility
15. 105 Artemis - a main-belt asteroid named after Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, and moon
16. Sun - The Sun is the star at the centre of our solar system, under which the Earth and other planets revolve and provides us with heat and light. It’s also thought to represent the conscious ego, the self and its expression, personal power, pride and authority, leadership qualities and the principles of creativity, spontaneity, health and vitality
17. Hailey’s Comet - Eilmer of Malmesbury wrote of Haley’s Comet in 1066: "You’ve come, have you? … You’ve come, you source of tears to many mothers, you evil. I hate you! It is long since I saw you; but as I see you now you are much more terrible, for I see you brandishing the downfall of my country. I hate you!"